Dhow Sailing Tour of Kisite Marine Park & Wasini Island1 Reviews
Enjoy a full day at Kisite Marine Park for dhow sailing, dolphin spotting, snorkeling, swimming, sun bathing, and a mouth-watering Swahili seafood lunch on Wasini Island. Get a glimpse of local culture while visiting Wasini Village.
- Snorkel in Kisite Marine Park and swim in the crystal clear waters
- Take a historical tour around Wasini Fishing Village and the Shimoni Slave Caves, where enslaved people were kept before being shipped to Arabia
- Enjoy a dhow cruise while searching for dolphins
- Take your time looking at marine life from a glass-bottomed boat
- Enjoy an excellent seafood lunch
DescriptionGet ready to board an Arabic dhow traditional sailing vessel and sail for about one hour searching for dolphins, before snorkeling and swimming in the Kisite marine national park. Kisite Marine national park is the second most famous marine park in the world, after the Australian Marine Park. Explore 30 kilometers of turtles, marine tortoise, bearreeffs, coral reefs and different types of marine fishes. Next, sail to Wasisni Island where your lunch of sea food and Swahili dishes will be served. After lunch, you’ll have the option to stroll around the island and experience the local Swahili culture, visiting the beautiful coral garden, mangrove forest and fishing village to learn more about the Swahili people and their history. Your local guide will give you an in-depth explanation and background throughout the tour. Alternatively, you can relax at the restaurant, enjoying the sea view and the breeze.
IncludesSnorkeling equipment Dhow cruise Professional guide Seafood lunch Private roundtrip transportion Entrance fees to Kisite (Kenya Wild Service-KWS-Marine Park Fees), the coral garden and the Slave Caves Alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks Visit to shimoni slave caves Tips and gratuities Diving equipment Diving instructions Items of a personal nature Breakfast on the morning of the trip Alchohol at the restaurant (can be bought at your own cost) Snacks
- Please be advised that from your collection at hotel or place of residence, there is another 1 hour and 30 minutes drive until reaching the first attraction
- The day's activities start at 8:30 AM
- Bring your swimsuit and sunblock
- Bring a change of clothes so you are comfortable for the day's activities
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability