My Guide Website?
Elephant Orphanage and Bomas of Kenya
Discover the natural and cultural heritage of Kenya. Savor the cultural and historical way of life of the people of Kenya. Admire young elephants while traveling round-trip without any hassles.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Kenya:If youʻre booking your trip to Kenya last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Nairobi: 4-Day Maasai Mara & Lake Nakuru Camping Safari
- Nairobi: National Park & Elephant Orphanage Guided Day Tour
- From Nairobi: 3-Day/2-Night Maasai Mara Group Safari
- Mombasa: Kisite Park Private Boat Tour with Diving and Lunch
- From Nairobi: Lakes Nakuru & Naivasha National Park Day Tour
- Encounter baby elephants at the David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage.
- Learn about elephant conservation from experienced keepers.
- Explore the Bomas of Kenya, a living museum of Kenyan culture.
- Experience traditional dances, songs, and crafts.
- Gain a deeper understanding of Kenya's diverse heritage.
DescriptionExplore Nairobi, the only wildlife capital of Africa, and learn about Kenya's natural and cultural heritage. Discover the cultural and historical lifestyle of the people of Kenya. On this wildlife tour, take in the abundant wildlife while witnessing baby elephants. You'll enjoy hassle-free round-trip transportation from your hotel. Enjoy tailored commentary from our knowledgeable local driver/guide as you travel between the various locations with ease. You will be greeted and taken to the elephant orphanage trust by our certified guide. Enjoy this daily guided tour, which runs from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., with knowledgeable guides and keepers from the sanctuary. Learn about the efforts this sanctuary makes to conserve elephants in Kenya. Still, as you take pictures, enjoy the sight of these young elephants and create wonderful, enduring memories. You will also be able to see them enjoying their milk bottle while they play and unwind during the visit. In the heat of the day, they enjoy refreshing mud baths. During your visit, you can also choose which orphaned baby elephants you want to sponsor and adopt. Following your encounter with the wildlife, the cultural portion of the tour will begin. The factory where women make beads will be our first cultural stop. One of the most exquisite handcrafted beads in the world is produced by this pottery company. Investigate and gain knowledge of every phase from beginning to end. This factory is unique in that it employs widowed women and single mothers from impoverished neighborhoods who need to make a living to support their families. It is a community center dedicated to women's empowerment. Following this insightful session, we'll head to lunch. Following a delectable African lunch, we will move on to the last and second part of our cultural tour. Discover Kenya's rich cultural legacy. Enjoy traditional folklore dances that showcase the rich cultures of 53 different ethnic communities in Kenya. Discover the customs and culture through an educational session as we tour and explore the various homesteads so you can experience the true nature of our people. The primary goals of the center are to protect, uphold, and advance the richly varied cultural values of all ethnic groups. A variety of fifteen traditional dances from various ethnic communities are performed every day; the Samburu and Maasai warriors are among the most amazing acts. After this great experience of culture and wildlife you will be dropped off at your original point of departure.
IncludesTransportation in a safari vehicle Convenient pickup and drop-off Free complimentary Beads women's factory Entry tickets to elephant orphanage trust & bomas of Kenya Professional Tour Guide
- Please check with the activity provider to make sure this experience is available for the date you have booked, as visits to the Elephant Orphanage Trust are subject to availability and must be scheduled in advance.