My Guide Website?
Elephant Orphanage and Giraffe Center Tour with Options19 Reviews
Visit the David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage and the Giraffe Center to see baby elephants and majestic Rothschild's giraffes on a tour in Nairobi. Admire local crafts at the Kazuri Beads Factory.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Kenya:If youʻre booking your trip to Kenya last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust's heartwarming commitment to elephants
- See a towering crew of endangered Rothschild's giraffes at the Giraffe Center
- Learn about the center's efforts to conserve the local animals under their care
- Make your own jewelry with beads that have been skillfully made by local artists
- Find out about the intricate craftsmanship involved in ceramic beads and pottery
DescriptionExplore the Giraffe Center, David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, and Kazuri Beads factory on a tour in Nairobi with hotel transfers. Feed majestic giraffes, see baby elephants, or witness the craftsmanship behind locally-produced beads and pottery. Start your tour with a pickup from your hotel in Nairobi and make your first stop at the Giraffe Center. Admire the creatures as they roam in a semi-wild setting. Learn about conservation efforts and have a chance to feed these gentle giants. Continue to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, a sanctuary for orphan baby elephants. As you wander through the wildlife rehabilitation center, be enchanted by the sight of these playful animals frolicking in the water. Watch as the youngest among them are tenderly fed, followed by the 2-3-year-olds, who are now adept at self-feeding. Marvel at their dexterity as they deftly grasp their colossal milk bottles with their trunks. Conclude your tour by visiting the Kazuri Beads Factory, where you can admire the intricate artistry of the beautiful beads and ceramic pottery, all handcrafted by local women. Choose from different options to include a visit to the Karen Blixen Museum at the foot of the Ngong Hills, the Bomas of Kenya displaying traditional villages belonging to several Kenyan tribes, or a game drive in Nairobi National Park. Afterward, be conveniently transported back to your Nairobi hotel.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Roundtrip transportation Entry to Giraffe Center (if option chosen) Entry to Elephant Orphanage (if option chosen) Entry to Karen Blixen Museum (if option chosen) Game drive in Nairobi National Park (if option chosen) Bomas of Kenya (if option chosen) Kazuri Bead Factory visit
- Due to government policy, all visitors to the Elephant Orphanage are required to pay Nairobi National Park conservation fee. This fee is essential because the elephant orphanage is situated within the Nairobi national park. This fee must be processed through the eCitizen platform and is not included in the tour pricing.