My Guide Website?
From Nairobi: Full-Day Hiking at Mount Longonot
Go on a hike on Mount Longonot and admire beautiful views from the crater rim.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Kenya:If youʻre booking your trip to Kenya last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Nairobi: 4-Day Maasai Mara & Lake Nakuru Camping Safari
- Nairobi: National Park & Elephant Orphanage Guided Day Tour
- From Nairobi: 3-Day/2-Night Maasai Mara Group Safari
- Mombasa: Kisite Park Private Boat Tour with Diving and Lunch
- From Nairobi: Lakes Nakuru & Naivasha National Park Day Tour
- Hike up Mount Longonot
- Walk around the crater rim
- Stop at the Rift Valley viewpoint
DescriptionDepart Nairobi in the early in the morning and stop at the Rift Valley viewpoint to see the reason why this area is called the Great Rift Valley. View the Loita Plains and then proceed to Mount Longonot for a 5-hour hike. You will hike around the crater and down to the Gate. The height gain during the hike is rapid and this makes for a stiff climb. Alternatively, you can also decide to circumnavigate the crater rim. The hiking trail features some rest points, but it also includes some narrow points - especially on the crater rim. The total length of the hike up, around the crater rim, and back, is 10.3km. The hike from the Gate to the crater rim is 3.1km in length.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from any Nairobi hotel or the airport Driver Walking aide stick Safari mini van Bottled water Park fees Guide fees
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the activity starts • Lunch not included • Admission fees are exclusive
- Not suitable for people with mobility issues\ • The distance from Nairobi To Mt Longonot is 86.6 km(2h 40min)