My Guide Website?
From Nairobi: Mount Kenya National Park Full-Day Hike
Enjoy a full-day hiking trip on the second highest mountain in Africa. Take the famous Naro Moru route (6 hours) up to the Meteorological Station and back, catching sight of animals and birds and marveling at the scenic beauty around you.
- Hike through the lush rainforests surrounding the Mount Kenya
- Enjoy views of the peaks Batian, Nelion, and Lenana from a few hundred meters away
- Catch sight of birds in the mountain forests
- See animals like elephants, buffalos, rhinos, antelopes, and more
- Take on a challenging 6-hour hike and breathe in the fresh mountain air
DescriptionMount Kenya is the biggest mountain in the country, and people often take 3 to 5 days to climb to the summit and back. However, this tour offers you the opportunity to see the beauty of the mountain and take part in a vigorous 6-hour hike, but also to be home to Nairobi for dinner. Your day starts with an early pickup from your hotel in Nairobi before heading off to Mount Kenya National Park, a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site, due in part to its importance as an area of great scenic beauty. You’ll arrive at the Naro Moru Gate to start your hike at 9:00 AM and head out. Hike through rainforests up the mountain with your knowledgeable guide who will tell you about the flora and fauna surrounding you. This Park is inhabited by, among others, elephants, black-and-white colobus, monkeys, and Cape buffalos. You'll also catch sight of some beautiful birds. At approximately noon, you’ll reach the Meteorological Station and start to head back down the mountain through the bamboo forest. At around 2:00 PM, you’ll arrive back at the Naro Moru gate and enjoy a well-deserved packed lunch. Finally, you'll take the 3-hour drive back to Nairobi. This hike, while strenuous, will certainly be worth it; Mount Kenya is a favorite for hikers due to its snow-capped peaks, breathtaking scenery, and the challenge it presents.
IncludesTransportation to and from Nairobi to Mount Kenya Packed lunch box Services of a professional mountain guide Pickup and drop-off to your hotel Bottled drinking water Personal expenses Gratuities for driver and guide
- Please be advised that you will be hiking for 6 hours. This hike requires you to be at least moderately physically fit to take part.
- Make sure to bring your own water and trail snacks.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now