Giraffe Center and Karen Blixen Museum Tour from Nairobi10 Reviews
Enjoy a half-day excursion that takes you to the Giraffe Center and the Karen Blixen Museum. Stop at a beads craft center near the Museum.
- See giraffes living in a semi-wild state at the Giraffe Center
- Tour the house where Karen Blixen lived, made famous in Out of Africa
- Shop for original hand-made crafts at a beads center
DescriptionBegin your 4-hour trip with a visit to the Giraffe Center, made famous by Daisy Rothschild, a giraffe calf rescued from the Western Kenya border. Daisy and her family form a small part of the herd, living in a semi-wild state at Giraffe Manor. Take the nature trail to the Gogo River and search for giraffes in the wild. Continue with a drive to Karen Blixen's home, made famous by the film, Out of Africa. Karen Blixen lived in the house from 1917 to 1931, when the farm was sold and she left Kenya. From the garden, enjoy magnificent views of the Ngong Hills. Visit nearby Kazuri Ltd. where African women offer paintings and necklaces for sale.
IncludesAll entry fees Transportation Guided tour of the Giraffe Center and the Karen Blixen Museum Tips/gratuities
- Be sure to wear warm cotton clothing, a hat, and maybe sunscreen (depending on the weather), and bring a good camera
- There is the option of adding dinner afterward at the Carnivore Restaurant
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability