My Guide Website?
Nairobi: Giraffe Center, Elephant Orphanage, and Beads Tour
Feed giraffes at David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust and visit an elephant orphanage on this tour from Nairobi. Meet single mother artisans who provide for their children by working at a bead factory.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Kenya:If youʻre booking your trip to Kenya last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Nairobi: 4-Day Maasai Mara & Lake Nakuru Camping Safari
- Nairobi: National Park & Elephant Orphanage Guided Day Tour
- From Nairobi: 3-Day/2-Night Maasai Mara Group Safari
- Mombasa: Kisite Park Private Boat Tour with Diving and Lunch
- From Nairobi: Lakes Nakuru & Naivasha National Park Day Tour
- Help contribute to important animal conservation efforts in Nairobi
- Have fun feeding the giraffes at the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust
- Find out how baby elephants are cared for before returning to the wild
- Uncover authentic local stories as you visit the entrepreneurs at a bead factory
- Enjoy the convenience of pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Nairobi
DescriptionVisit the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust to meet some long-necked giraffes, see some baby elephants at the elephant orphanage, and learn about the female entrepreneurs that run a bead factory on this guided tour that includes hotel transfers from Nairobi. Be picked up from your accommodation of the airport in Nairobi early in the morning. Relax on the ride in a comfortable van on the way to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. Meet some majestic Rothschild's giraffes and have the chance to feel them with the help of sanctuary staff. Head to the elephant orphanage, but first enjoy a rest stop where you can purchase some coffee or a snack. Hear the history behind the baby elephants and watch them while they are fed with formula. See them playfully wallowing in mud and learn about the sanctuary's important work. Continue to the bead factory to uncover the story of how women from the slums have transformed their lives my producing beautiful beads from clay. Have the chance to purchase some of these stunning pieces and help empower these women. Return to your hotel at the end of your tour.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Roundtrip transportation WiFi on board David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust entry tickets Giraffe Centre entry tickets Bead factory entry fees Bottle of water
- This activity takes place rain or shine