Maasai Mara National Reserve: 1 Night Shared Camping Safari
Experience the landscape and culture of one of the continent's most famous wildlife preserves. Embark on a 2-day, 1-night camping Safari which includes 2 game drives and an opportunity to meet the Masai tribe.
- Witness the unmatched biodiversity of Masai Mara National Reserve
- Gain an understanding of the rich Masai culture
- Have an opportunity to see the African Big Five
DescriptionDay 1: Start with pickup from your accommodation in Nairobi at 6:00 AM and travel through the Great Rift Valley valley towards the town of Narok. After a short break to stretch and get some fresh air, enter the Masai Mara National Park by 12:00 PM, where you’ll proceed to the lodge for lunch and check-in. After lunch, relax in the camp until 2:30 PM, at which point you’ll head out on your first safari drive. Drive across the spotted plains, searching for the massive herds of wildebeest who migrate across the national park. With your expert guide, you’ll have the best chance of seeing the exceptionally large population of lions, leopards, and cheetahs that call the vast national park home. After your thrilling exploration of the park, head back to your campsite (one of the following accommodation depending on availability Lenchada camp /Goshen Mara Camp/Miti Mingi Camp) for dinner, and to settle in for a night's rest. Day 2: After an early-morning departure at 6:00 AM,check out of your room and head out on another game drive in time to avoid the midday heat. Gaze out across the savanna which is covered in the vibrant colors of the sunrise. Keep a lookout over the landscape to catch a glimpse of a big cat. On your way back to Nairobi, visit a Masai village to learn about their complex and historic culture. Watch a traditional Masai dance that has been practised for centuries, and learn about the lifestyle of a group who are very much connected to the lands around them. Afterwards, stop in Narok for lunch, before heading back to your accommodation in Nairobi.
IncludesDriver/guide Accommodation at one of: Lenchada Camp, Goshen Mara Camp, Miti Mingi - depending on availability Visit to Masai Village (if option chosen) Park admission fees (if option chosen) Meals Transportation in a safari minivan with open roof Bottled water Alcoholic beverages Gratuities (optional)
- Please note that it is a long drive from Nairobi to Maasai Mara National Park - 260km, so please be prepared and have water and snacks for the road trip
- Please confirm you hotel when making the booking so the exact pickup time and be confirmed
- This is a camping safari, you will be sleeping in a tent for a night
- The campsite is outside the Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Please be sure to only book flights after 8:00 PM if you need to leave Nairobi on your return
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability