Explore plenty of hidden secrets and feel like a local
See the main sightseeing places such as Nairobi CBD & the Giraffe Centre
Explore hidden secrets such the Karura forest
Your expert local city guide will show you the city's best parts, including many hidden secrets you can’t find easily on your own. On this walking tour will be able to see a lot of sightseeing points within a short timeframe. Apart from explaining the sightseeing points your guide can provide insight into the history and culture of the city and the country in general. The focus of this tour is to see the city like a local. However, this private tour can be customised according to your wishes. Sightseeing points to visit can be agreed upon in advance or discussed when meeting up.
STANDARD sightseeing places we can easily visit during the tour are:
- Nairobi CBD: Explore the CBD with major buildings such as the Parliament, The Office of the President, The old Railway Station, Kenya International Conference Center (KICC), Kenya National Archives, The Jamia Mosque, and The August 7th Bomb blast monument.
- Nairobi Arboretum: park with shaded walkways, picnic lawns and jogging trails
- National Museums of Kenya: Various sections covering East African History, Palaeontology, Archaeology, Ethnography & biodiversity research & conservation.
- Giraffe Centre: Giraffe conservation & breeding center with feeding platforms & a 38-acre forested nature park
- Nairobi National Park: Situated just 10 km from the city center this park is a haven for a variety of wildlife such as lions, gazelles, buffaloes, warthogs, cheetahs, zebras, giraffes and also a rhino sanctuary.
- Elephant Nursery: Rescue & rehab center for orphaned elephants, open to the public for viewing mud baths & feedings.
Some examples of HIDDEN SECRETS we can visit:
- Kilimani district: Check out one of the best districts in the city where the rich reside with trendy cafes and global restaurants.
- The Maasai Market: Experience the Maasai culture featuring a wide variety of African artefacts. You can buy paintings, clothes, fabrics with East African prints, jewellery and wood carvings, many hand-made in Kenya by local artisans.
- Karura forest: Urban forest with many hiking trails and a waterfall. Great for a walk and enjoy pure nature in the middle of the city.
- Bomas of Kenya: An entertainment and a living museum showcasing and celebrating various cultures and tribes of Kenya.
- Kazuri Beads Factory: Sells and displays beautifully unique souvenirs and gifts you can buy at a reasonable price.
- Karen Blixen Museum: Former African home of Danish author, famous for her 1937 book Out of Africa which chronicles life at the estate.
Please note that sightseeing tickets (e.g. museums) and the cost of renting a safari vehicle (necessary e.g.in Nairobi National Park) are not included.
Please note that it is not guaranteed to visit all the sightseeing places listed here. How many places you can visit depends on the length of the tour booked and how much time you spend at each place. After booking you can discuss the detailed itinerary with your guide.
Local tour guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Please note that this is a tour with a local person or expat, not with a tour guide that has detailed historical knowledge. If such knowledge is important to you, you should book another tour.
This tour will take place rain or shine.
This tour is a walking tour and public transport or taxis are not included. However, when sightseeing locations are far from each other, it will be best to use taxis to move around. Using taxis this will save time and give you a break from the hot and humid weather. Don't worry, taxis are very cheap.
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund